LeJeune Skin Ironing
The treatment combines 2 powerful wavelengths of lasers in the original fractional technology to take care of superficial and deep skin resurfacing. Combining 2 different wavelengths means it treats multiple indications both on the face and body.
Because of the fractional technology all the skin is not targeted which causes a lot more downtime with risks. This safe technology ensures microscopic columns of skin are treated leaving healthy skin in between the columns so the skin heals better and faster with minimal downtime. Any patient of any skin type can be treated because of this technology.
The various indications of this treatment:
· Skin resurfacing to reveal newer, brighter more even toned skin that has more hydration and glow
· Treats pigmentation like Post inflammatory pigmentation (PIH) from peels, lasers and skin conditions, freckles, age spots, sunspots and melasma
· Treatment of wrinkles around the eyes like crow’s feet and fine lines
· Acne scars
· Surgical scars
· Treats actinic keratosis
· Stretch marks
· Skin tightening
· Skin rejuvenation
· Reduces Open pores
· Improves skin texture
Results are seen from the first session onwards and keep building up with subsequent sessions and optimal skin care.
Since the treatment only causes coagulation of the microscopic zones and vaporization like other fractional technologies rapid skin healing takes place with exfoliation and resurfacing. Collagen remodeling happens over the next 3-6 months with anti-ageing skin benefits and growth of new skin cells from inside out. It quickens the cell turnover and replaces the old, damaged skin.
What happens during the treatment and after?
- Avoid sun exposure and use sunscreen of SPF 30 or more.
- Stop using any skin actives and retinol products for at least 1 week
- Delay treatment until skin is clear of any rashes and skin conditions or until it has been treated
- Delay treatment if you are recently tanned. It would be wise to wait 2 weeks post tanning to undergo treatment
- Delay treatment for 2 weeks post fillers/toxin injections to face
- Get treated for any skin infections, wounds, or pimples before undergoing treatment
- Avoid other laser treatments, peels, and skin treatments for at least 2 weeks before treatment
- Prepping the skin may be advisable in some skin types and your doctor will suggest what to do
How do I care for my skin after treatment?
Avoid sun exposure and use sunscreen and wide brimmed hats
Do not pick or rub the scaling or scabbed skin
Do not use skin care products with actives for at least a week
Avoid makeup for at least 3 days post treatment
Use mild gentle cleanser
Moisturize and hydrate skin with recommended products
Do not wash with hot water
Avoid sauna and heat
Your doctor may place you on anti-acne medication if you are prone to breakouts as it may cause purging of skin and an aggravation of acne in some
Your doctor may also give you certain actives to use along with topical skin lightening creams as home care for enhanced results
Do not do any salon facials or skin treatments for at least 2 weeks after until skin has completely healed.
Give min of 4 weeks gap between 2 treatments
What are the possible side effects I may face?
-swelling for a day or 2
-rough sandpaper skin for up to 5-7 days
-scaling and peeling for up to 5-7 days
-bronzed or tanned looking skin up to a week
-flaring up of acne
-darkening of skin spots or pigmentation initially for up to a week